Now that you have completed the hiking trip, you realize that reducing the weight of your pack is key to your enjoyment. Not to mention that less weight without losing the nutrition and quality of your food is also very important, especially on extended trips.
You will research a dehydration recipe, make the recipe for the class to sample and then post your experience to the Recipe Blog.
You can complete these assignments on your own or with a partner.
1. Research the recipes.
· Use books, magazines or the internet to find a dehydration recipe.
2. Make the recipe for the class to sample.
· Book a date for the dehydrator or use personal dehydrator or oven.
· Purchase your food (enough for the class to sample, not a complete meal).
· You will have to prepare your food, set up the dehydrator (your responsibility, not mine), let it dehydrate long enough, provide the class with a sample, clean up.
· Be aware that the dehydrator will generally take 24 hours (give or take a few hours).
· Ensure you give yourself enough time to complete all that (just using class time will not be enough). You will want to plan to use before school time, spares, lunch or arrange with your other teachers to ensure this gets completed.
3. Post your recipes!
· Make an actual post on the Recipe Blog.
Rate your recipe: * Maybe not ** OK *** Good **** Excellent, I will make this at home.
Recipe: Include all ingredients and instructions.
Hints: Things that helped you be successful or things you would change to make it better.
Source: A proper bibliography.
· Use pictures or quotes to spice it up.
Don’t leave this assignment until the end of the semester, because it won’t happen!!