Thursday, June 12, 2014

Beef Stew



***- The beef stew that me and Hannah made was okay, but it definitely could have been better.

Ingredients
  • 2 pounds boneless beef sirloin steak
  • 3 tablespoons of flour
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
  • 1 package McCormick Beef Stew Seasoning Mix
  • 3 cups of water
  • 5 cups frozen vegetables of your choice

Directions

  • Coat beef with flour. heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in large Dutch oven on medium-high heat. add 1/2 of the beef; brown on all sides. repeat with remaining beef, adding remaining 1 tablespoon oil. return all beef to Dutch oven.
  • Stir in Seasoning Mix and water. add vegetables; bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. 

For our Dutch oven assignment, I made the beef at home so that we could make our stew in good time during class. when we were outside starting our assignment Hannah was the one who started the fire. After we got the fire started we put the coals in and I started to prepare the food in the Dutch oven. we had put the Dutch oven on the fire for a couple minutes so that it could heat up while the coals heated up as well. the water wasn't thickening because i had forgotten to put flour on the beef before I cooked it. we ended up borrowing some flour from Mrs Hurley's food room. I think we made a good team and got things done pretty well. the stew didn't turn out how I expected it to but it was still good non the less. if I was to ever make this stew again in the Dutch oven I definitely would have made sure to put the flour on the beef. it would've made all the difference. in the end both me and Hannah enjoyed the stew, even if it didn't come out as we expected it to. Hannah helped me a lot with the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment