DUTCH OVEN CARAMEL APPLE PIE
By: Tara Suprunchuk and Emily Tomlinson
-16 Pillsbury cinnamon rolls
-2 granny smith apples
-1/2 cup brown sugar
-1 teaspoon cinnamon
-home made cream cheese frosting
-1/2 cup of caramel ice cream syrup
1. Arrange uncooked cinnamon rolls at the bottom of your dutch oven.
2. In a bowl, combine cubed apple pieces, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
3. Sprinkle evenly over the cinnamon rolls.
4. Place oven on top of 4-5 coals and add approx. 8 on top to make internal temperature 350 degrees. Bake for about 20 minutes.
5. Combine frosting and caramel sauce until thin enough to pour
6. Coat the pie with the frosting while still warm, serve and enjoy!
Hints: Check how it's doing every now and then just to make sure you don't burn it. Ours was done sooner than expected and might have burned if we left it on long enough. Line the pot with tin foil because this stuff is hard to clean off.
Source: Rhodes, Mara. "Featured Recipe: Dutch Oven Caramel Apple Pie". Rhodes Bake-N-Serve Blog. July 8th 2011. Web. June 2 2014. http://www.rhodesbread.com/blog/blog/featured-recipe-dutch-oven-caramel-apple-pie .